Associate Building Surveyor - Grade 5
Your new company
Gleeds is an independent global Real Estate and Construction consultancy, specialising in Cost Management, Project Management, Building Surveying and Strategic Advisory. With over 1900 staff, across 73 offices and 6 continents, they have built their reputation on delivering award-winning projects around the world. Their projects span infrastructure, healthcare, data centres, life sciences, manufacturing and logistics sectors to name a few. They are growing rapidly and looking to meet with experienced Building Surveyors to join their Milton Keynes team.
Your new role
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting Business Unit Directors in delivering business objectives.
- Positively engaging with Customers and developing, growing and maintaining Customer relationships.
- Delivering high quality services and ensuring that building surveying deliverables meet Customers' requirements.
- Managing building surveying commissions, including surveys, dilapidation advice, party wall advice, and construction projects for new builds, renovations and maintenance works - from feasibility through to design, contract administration to handover and post completion reviews.
- Preparing and managing planned maintenance programmes.
- Agreeing with the Director and Client the right sub-consultants to assist with delivery of a commission. Following the approved procedures for appointing SubConsultants.
- Communicating with and providing good sound professional advice to both Clients and other project team members.
- Ensuring that all quantitative and financial information has been independently checked before issue, including maintaining evidence of independent checks.
- Remaining in the remit of your role and when additional responsibilities need to be carried out, conduct this in a fully informed manner with the approval of your Line Manager.
- Leading and managing teams working for you; ensuring that they are correctly fulfilling their project functions providing mentoring and coaching when required. Mentoring and coaching employees so that they realize their full potential
- Preparing bids for services
- Managing service delivery for profit Advising Directors promptly of any issues that have arisen, or that might arise, on projects; in particular those that might impact on Gleeds professional indemnity (PI) insurance. Actively identifying new business development opportunities and driving growth across the Business Units activities.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be MRICS qualified or working towards your APC. You will be keen to work as a Building Surveyor and develop your career, as this company offer longevity. You will have a full driving license as that is a requirement for the post.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive basic salary. Gleeds also offer a competitive pension scheme, healthcare, flexible working scheme and much more! Gleeds also offer progression and stability, throughout this 3 year plan.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.