Senior Programme Project Manager - Building Projects in London
Your new company
This Council have ambitious and bold plans to improve our housing service delivery and have re-designed our Operations teams to deliver. Their transformed Housing Assets Service is seeking a number of applicants for the following key post to help make our ambitions a reality. Building Safety has always been a top priority for the Borough and over £40m has recently been investing to improve homes and make them and make residents feel safe and secure.
Your new role
Reporting into the Contracts Service Manager, you will be responsible for a complex long term housing refurbishment scheme leading on the development and delivery (within phases) from inception to completion. You will be targeted on cost and quality in accordance with TPC contractual requirements. You will also be responsible for project management of the transition phase (mobilisation/demobilisation) of key service providers for R&M and planned works.
- Manage processes, across all projects to deliver the required outcomes in accordance with TPC contractual and regulatory requirements and agreed Task Orders.
- To manage combined multi-disciplined professional services of Consultants and Contractors, engaged in the planning and execution of Building Works contracts under your control.
- To lead and interact with key stakeholders on the development of projects through the relevant stages
- To ensure that the TMO management agreement and reciprocal working is delivered
- To agree with Sheltered Housing Managers appropriate ways of working
- To ensure all policies and works are developed /delivered within appropriate resident engagement and in consultation with colleagues.
- Responsible for all duties and financial management related to the projects in accordance with agreed project Task Orders
- Works effectively in a collaborative management environment, demonstrates leadership within a project team and wider stakeholder structure to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and to agreed quality standards.
- Carry out all activities in liaison with Housing Assets services
- Reports prepared in the required timeframe necessary to obtain approval through governance processes as required.
- Ability to present project reports to stakeholder senior management groups and public consultations as required.
- Act in accordance with all policies and procedures which apply to the job and understand the reasons for this
What you'll need to succeed
This Council are looking for a professional who are educated to degree level in a related field and/or suitable Project / construction management qualification commensurate with the post and/or significant relevant experience. The candidate would have experience in working in a Project Management environment in a managerial capacity and would have operated in a commercial property or construction environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.