Our client is an outstanding SME consultancy specialising in residential and mixed use developments within a wider parent UK Property Group. They've seeking to hire a Junior / Assistant Project Manager as a result of increased project opportunities with both existing and new clients. Current projects are with established private developers, large public / private frameworks and various private joint venture partnerships with local councils – they deliver a host of schemes, cradle to grave, typically between £10-50m.This strategic hire will support an Associate Director / Senior Project Manager on a range of projects including some smaller fit out schemes to c£1m with a view to building responsibility towards involvement in larger, mixed use residential schemes with greater levels of client accountability.Key Duties:
- Work closely with colleagues to identify and understand the project brief / requirements.
- Develop successful, professional relationships with clients
- Manage & lead smaller projects
- Manage & lead project tasks as part of a wider team on larger projects .
- Work closely with all stakeholders.
- Understand, promote and implement sustainability briefs and Health & Safety Policies
- Prepare construction and development budgets
- Providing regular reports on actual and forecast expenditure against budgets.
- Assist with the negotiation of consultant fees, instruct and manage invoice process
- Prepare programmes for monitoring purposes
- Prepare and update accurate internal and external project documentation
- You will be supported in these duties and working towards a career development plan.
Successful applicant requirements:
- BSc in Surveying / Construction Project Management / Engineering or Architecture degree – with honours accreditation for APC pathway.
- Minimum 6 months full time (post-graduation) professional consultancy experience as a Junior Project manager.
- Effective communicator and enthusiastic character.
- Developing knowledge of the key principals of Project Management.
- Understanding general principles of project / development cost control.
- Understanding of project programmes and critical paths
- Good MS Office skills including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Car owner & driver
A fabulous opportunity to work in a stunning office in a great location and for someone needing greater structure and direction in working towards their APC...
Remuneration package would include a starting salary up to £37,500 basic + Pension (Contributory) + Car allowance + Health packages + RICS fees + Season ticket Loan + Bonus (discretionary c15%) + 25-30 days annual leave
At mjhrecruitment it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to match this specification, please drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090