HR Advisor | Hybrid | Up to £29k |
Your New Company
Our client is a public sector organisation who are looking to recruit for a HR Advisor.
About the role
You will provide operational HR support for the client, being the first point of contact
for staff and manager queries on HR matters. You will also provide support to the Hub HR Manager,
Post holders will also work as part of a wider Trust HR team, to support activity as and when
Some key responsibilities include:
* First point of call for queries and advice on all HR matters, policies / terms and conditions from Academy staff and managers, ensuring good practice and compliance in-line with policy and legislation.
* Work & Families - Supporting processes (e.g. maternity, paternity, parental, family friendly etc) and providing advice to managers and employees.
* Ensure adherence to the Trust's Safer Recruitment policy; all pre-employment checks take place and the Single Central Record is accurate and maintained at all times (including issuing of offers/contacts etc).
* Providing timely and accurate HR information to the Headteacher, Business Leader, Hub HR Manager and Governors, as appropriate, to enable them to fulfil their responsibilities.
* Comply with policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, child protection, health & safety, security and confidentiality, reporting any concerns
What you will need to succeed
● Experience of working in HR in a school setting, can demonstrate a good understanding of teachers' and support staff terms and conditions;
● The ability to demonstrate an empathy with schools' issues;
● Able to evidence experience of working at the relevant level, including responsibility for organising recruitment, advising on HR policy, and relevant employee relations case work;
● A "people person"; able to build strong working relationships with, and influence others;
● Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
● Able to coach leaders, with appropriate challenge;
● High level of IT literacy (including Microsoft Office, HR & Education information systems);
● Good Team player;
● Takes a solution based approach to problems;
● A role model; understands and committed to and models the clients values;
● Committed to undertaking continuous professional development.
What you will get in return
* Term time off
* Coop Discount Food
* When closed, not required to work.
* Pension - Greater Manchester pension fund.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.