Permanent opportunity for Associate Project Manager at Lancashire based consultancy
Your new company
You will be working for one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management and infrastructure sectors. They are market leaders in strategic public/private partnerships with local authorities. The company offers a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The enormous breadth and depth of their experience ensures that they are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector.
Your new role
The workload will be varied and will cover both public & private sectors. The strong pipeline of work is based upon repeat basis combined with new wins, with our strength being the support of our Health, Education, Commercial & Local Government clients. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide professional project management duties at a senior level on construction projects from inception to completion
- Ensure that multidisciplinary led commissions are managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently and on time
- Manage workload and resources ensuring quality and timeliness of service delivery to clients.
- Establish and maintain client relationships
- Develop business opportunities with existing and new clients
- Assist the Head of Project and Cost Management with managing finances, recruitment, tender submissions, mentoring and team leadership.
- Support the Head of Project and Cost Management in realising our growth agenda,
What you'll need to succeed
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors membership or equivalent recognised institutional body
- Have several years' experience of professional project management on healthcare, commercial or educational properties either in public or private sector
- Experience of managing and developing external teams ensuring successful project delivery from inception to handover
- Knowledge of procurement options and experience of administering construction contracts
- Excellent communication skills and able to influence and negotiate to resolve conflicting aspirations
- Personable and able to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with clients, in order to deliver a quality service and also maximise opportunities for repeat business
- Experience with key aspects of business development
- The management of workload and internal resources ensuring quality and timeliness of service delivery to clients
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Ability to demonstrate flexible approach to work and willingness to travel/stay away from home for short periods as may be required.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary of £50,000-£65,000 based on experience
Flexible working hours
Home based plus site visits
23 days holiday (rising to 25 after 2 years' service and 27 after 5 years) plus Bank Holidays with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more
Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.