Production Supervisor Warrington permanent Machinist
Your new company
Based in Warrington the company offers a wide range of perforation patterns and perforated metal screens.The world's largest manufacturer and supplier of perforated metal.
Your new role
- Operate press machines when team members are on vacation
- Ensure that everyone has clear information about the jobs they have been assigned to complete. Where relevant, PS will review and discuss each job with the machine operator at the start of shift, to ensure the right quality and efficiency (e.g. running machines through breaks) is achieved.
- Participate in the morning VDM meeting (shift dependant).
- Responsible to perform daily QHSE i-auditor checks via company iPad..
- Actively support managers to promote lean manufacturing by avoiding waste (overproduction, inventory, motion, defects, over-processing, waiting, and transport) and downtime.
- Open and close the factory when required to do so. Including alarm and utilities management (air compressor, lights)
- Health and Safety focused, ensuring all employees act according to company health and safety requirements (for example PPE, moving, handling and storage of material)
6.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. Monday to Thursday, and 6.00 am to 12.00 on Friday.2.00 pm to 10.00 pm Monday to Thursday, and 12.00 pm to 6 pm on Friday.
Your normal hours of work will be in the following shift pattern, with a daily break of 30 minutes.
Night shift as advised by your manager
What you'll need to succeed
Fork lift driver licence and experience.
Able to operate Amada Turret Press and Press Brake machines.
Ability to set and operate new press machinery.
A team player with enthusiasm for your work and dedicated to high standards of quality.
What you'll get in return
Starting Salary £29K
After the 3 month probationary period you will be eligible to join the company private medical health insurance scheme, the pension scheme and the Paycare health cash plan.
The company will contribute 10% of your gross salary based on a personal contribution of 5% towards your pension and, if you so wish, you will be able to make additional personal contributions from your own bank account. Once you have completed three months you will become eligible to join the company private medical health insurance scheme which is subsidised by the company but which requires employees to make a personal contribution on a monthly basis.
Holidays are 25 days per calendar year, plus bank holidays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.