Business Development Manager - Rail
Your new company
As one of the largest measurement survey companies in the UK, provides a range of services to the property, rail and infrastructure markets. Our innovation, dynamic approach and commitment to deliver a flawless service is achieved by investing and empowering our employees to push boundaries and reach new heights. We specialise in providing laser scanning and measuring data services to businesses of varying sizes and regardless of the size of project or how challenging, our clients trust us to provide a service that goes beyond their expectations! You'll be part of a growing organisation that is 100% owned internally by their employees and directors.
Your new role
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced and systematic B2B Business Development Manager to work with a dynamic sales team. You will be responsible for new sales in the UK and Europe by building new business sales divisions, developing opportunities in target markets to complement our clients substantial current clientele in order to safeguard the companies continuous growth in future.
To lead the sales and growth activities of the business group (Infrastructure), ensuring client proposals, quotes, bid responses, presentations and other client engagement are of the highest standard with a deep understanding of what the client's needs and expectations are. To build strong relationships with potential and existing contacts, growing existing accounts and developing and winning new business. You shall work closely with the Sales & Marketing Director to lead the Infrastructure business group through the next stages of its growth and deliver on the strategy and the business group's KPIs. The right candidate would be someone who empowers others, is hungry for success, has the right technical knowledge and capability, can naturally demonstrate continuous growth and client centric passion in their approach.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Strategic:
- Responsible for growth and development of the business group, in line with our values 'Consult, Trust, Innovate', by conducting all sales activities to the highest standard.
- Setting and communicating the business group's growth strategy and working towards achieving the vision and all KPIs (including correct CRM entries etc.) in line with the long-term company's strategy of continuous growth.
- Building an account management culture in close collaboration with the Sales & Marketing Director and work with the Director to develop this further
- Control and be accountable for the growth of your own accounts
- Tracking success of bids and analysing trends, conducting market research and identifying leads to build sales relating to the division's solutions (in future assist BD teams)
- Ensuring clients are proactively led through each stage of the sales process.
- Setting and reviewing communication and other standards within the business group and the wider sales teams.
- Reviewing and understanding project specifications, client requirements and sales expectations.
Sales process tasks:
- Advising and consulting clients on most suitable ways to undertake projects (value based selling).
- Ensuring every upselling and/or cross selling opportunity has been identified and offered.
- Writing and improve quotations and technical proposal documents.
- Follow-up effectively with client on customer satisfaction (feedback loop)
- Provide detailed handover/briefing to operational delivery and Client Delivery teams
- Account Management including growing and nurturing existing and past client accounts
- Close collaboration with those conducting business development including the establishment, development of new client relationships and presentations.
- Using an entrepreneurial approach to identifying new opportunities.
- Preparing and reporting on the business group's performance and improvement actions.
Individual Sales Performance:
- Working towards individual annual sales targets (KPIs).
- Enhance our conversion rate and bid tendering capabilities and contractual agreements to win large scale deals.
- Provide innovative sales solutions to mitigate negative market conditions.
- Understand business finance/commerciality and manage costs and deliver efficient/ lean productivity, sales and revenue goals.
What you'll need to succeed
- Will see issues as opportunities and keep the sales team motivated to continue to grow their accounts
- Will have excellent team working skills and will convey a positive sense of direction and team spirit.
- Will be a pro-active and effective communicator, both verbal and written and a strong listener
- Will have the bigger picture (strategy/ KPIs) in mind when advising and setting pricing and margins for projects
- Will ensure all data entry into CRM is accurate and relevant
- Will use the CRM effectively and accurately to measure success, analyse trends and manage processes
- Familiar with using Social Media for business development and sales purposes.
- Self-motivated and focus on continuous improvement (self and teams)
- Client centric focus
- Resilience and tenacity
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Confident and engaging presentation skills
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available, competitive salary plus benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.