Senior Quantity Surveyor - Civils - Negotiable
Your new company
One of the leading Building and Civil Engineering Contractors operating throughout the UK and Ireland, seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the team.
Your new role
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be working on a major Port Development Project, incorporating Marine and Land work. The Senior Quantity Surveyor is responsible for leading all commercial aspects of the project, providing commercial support and advice to the team to aid decision making, maintaining commercial information and ensuring compliance with the contractual requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing, negotiating and analysing costs for budgets.
- Ensure sub-contractors are pre-qualified in accordance with management systems.
- Procurement of Sub-Contractors and preparation of Sub-Contractor order documentation.
- Production and presentation of monthly Cost Value Reconciliation on projects.
- Establish, maintain and enhance effective working relationships.
- Plan, allocate and evaluate work carried out by teams, individuals and self.
- Assist in managing the Commercial team and supervise and mentor Quantity Surveyors.
- Ensure effective interaction between the commercial and operational site teams.
What you'll need to succeed
- Sound Commercial Awareness
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- High levels of organisational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent numerical, IT and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in fast moving Environment
- Ability to work on initiative with minimum supervision
- Ability to travel frequently to Site, as and when required
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.