Senior Quantity Surveyor
You would be working for one of the leading privately-owned construction, residential development, and property services businesses in the UK. They employ approximately 3,700 people and work with a wide range of public and private sector customers and partners.
As a Project Surveyor you would be accountable for the development and implementation of all pre and post contract strategies, including commercial functions and contract reporting. You would be managing the costs on a construction project, helping to ensure the construction project is completed within its projected budget.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Develop and encourage project team performance, encouraging and ensuring contractual obligations are met, strategies completed and regularly reviewed.
- Complete and submit Business Unit reports.
- Demonstrate an understanding of internal and external tender strategies.
- Develop beneficial relationships with our clients and consultants.
- Demonstrate an understanding of business issues which affect the project consultant teams.
- Work with the Surveying Manager to agree and produce main and subcontract final accounts.
- Ensure all subcontract management and process obligations are complete within procurement, measurement and valuation, contractual instructions, notices, orders also Health and Safety.
- Organise tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the client.
- Perform risk, value management and cost control during construction. Identify, analyse, and develop responses to any project commercial risks.
- Value completed work, oversee bills and arrange payments.
- A confident communicator with the ability to write reports to deliver information clearly to a diverse range of people across the team.
- Able to develop relationships with good interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in numerical and data analysis skills.
- Creative with an innovative approach to problem solving
- An experienced Quantity Surveyor with the ability to motivate and lead a team
- Resilient and determined with the ability to work well under pressure
- Detail orientated with knowledge of past and current building and construction technology, processes, and materials.
- Committed to zero harm, with a good understanding of Health and Safety legislation and the application of Health and Safety systems.
- Dedicated to building an organisation which is representative of the communities we serve, offering equality of opportunities to assist in creating a diverse and an inclusive work environment.
- Competitive salary and market leading family friendly benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.