We are looking to recruit Engineering Manager to join our Central Rail Systems Alliance team delivering £ Multi-Million rail Enhancement projects and programmes based either in the Eastern or North West & Central Regions.
The Central Rail Systems Alliance is responsible for the delivery of multi-disciplinary railway upgrade projects on the North West & Central and Eastern regions of Network Rail's recently devolved routes. The programme of works delivered by the teams is valued at £2bn and manages the development, design and delivery of Switches and Crossings and Plain Line renewals as its core business but is also responsible for the delivery of major enhancement projects.
The Engineering Manager is a senior member of the Project delivery team and the Engineering function and is accountable for the overall engineering leadership and management across the enhancement portfolio in either the LNW or LNE region, including the management of technical risk.
The role is to ensure technical excellence, assurance and performance across the given region and is critical in ensuring that the technical design and delivery of the region is achievable and will deliver a successful outcome for the client and the Alliance.
This includes the integration and co-ordination of the technical design and delivery by the internal and external supply chain. The Engineering Manager will also be appointed as the Contractors Engineering Manager (CEM) in accordance with Network Rail Standard NR/L2/INI/02009, Engineering Management for Projects and will be expected to deliver the accountabilities and responsibilities for this role as defined within this standard.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Experience of developing and deploying business strategies with tangible and measurable commercial outcomes.
- Early identification and management of project technical risk to ensure a high performance.
- Proactive, not reactive, approach to engineering excellence and integration.
- Ability to enable critical path activities.
- A high degree of ability to learn from own experience and that of others and other projects.
- Commitment to continuous improvement in own and team performance.
- Promoting and embracing appropriate innovations and technology to achieve a world class project.
- Ability to balance technical quality and delivery to timescales. Understanding when exacting detail and review is required and where 'good enough' principals actually reduce overall project delivery risk.
- Over all of the above an ability to ensure safe-by-design is at the core of the design and delivery process.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.