HMP Littlehey /Electrical Supervisor/ Permanent opportunity
Your new company
As a supplier to the HM Prison Service for the provision of maintenance trades & support operatives, Hays is seeking to recruit multiple qualified trades, including a Electrical Supervisor at HMP Littlehey.
Your new role
As part of the Works Department your role will supervise the team to complete all of the Electrical maintenance works within the prison.
- Supervising the electrical team and other site staff as required.
- Ensuring all electrical and other systems are maintained in alignment with the service specification.
- Managing and supervising contractors.
- Taking accountability for the effective management of the tool inventory and maintain security standards within the work area.
- Participating in the site and service inspection tours to monitor, analyse and evaluate against quality standards.
- Updating the CAFM system as and when required
- Taking accountability for ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and company policy including undertaking the role of Fire Warden and/or First Aider as required
What you'll need to succeed
- At least 5 years' experience as an electrician or equivalent.
- C&G 2367 or 2357 (Electrical Installation) and NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations or equivalent.
- A certificate in BS7671 - The Requirements for Electrical Installations, 17th or 18th Edition
- A proven track record of working within an FM environment, preferably within a secure environment / military / health sector or similar sector.
- Completion of a recognised apprenticeship in a facilities / building services trade, or have two years of recognised experience and specialist skills as a supervisor in the facilities sector.
- Knowledge of risk and compliance, demonstrable planning and project management skills and an ability to drive change.
- You will have experience of working on electrical building services systems in a commercial or industrial sector.
Security clearance required
All applicants will be subject to the HM Prison Service Security Clearance procedure which can take up to 4 weeks, this can include a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check. You must hold a Valid Passport or Birth Certificate & Photo Driving Licence in your current address. All applicants must be able to provide details of 2 satisfactory references, at least one from an ex-employer.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.