HSEQ Manager - Permanent - Wirral/Cambridge base with travel - Construction
Your new company
I am currently working with a key client who have been established for nearly 50 years, and are a family-run business going through a period of continuous growth. They operate across the whole of the UK and pride themselves on being an industry leader in their market with an expanding contract base. A company with a great culture and who deliver an excellent service to their customers, this is an exciting time to join the team.
Your new role
The main purpose of your role is to provide advice, guidance and support on all things relating to HSEQ, ensuring the business remains compliant with all legislation whilst promoting a positive culture focussing on continuous improvements. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Work with the board and SMT to implement and review policies and procedures whilst driving continuous improvements
- Carry out audits and inspections across all sites
- Provide support and coaching whilst identifying any training requirements
- Carry out management system audits and inspections in line with ISO9001 and 14001
- Manage accident and incident investigations and identify any trends and preventative actions
- Deliver presentations and data to SMT to give insight on HSEQ performance, risk management and key initiatives
- Deliver toolbox talks where relevant
- Promote a positive behavioural safety culture at all times
The majority of your live sites will be based in London and the Home Counties and there is the option for this role to be based out of the Wirral or Cambridge.
What you'll need to succeed
You must have previous experience within a similar role in the construction industry. NEBOSH is desirable along with thorough working knowledge of ISO9001 and 14001, CHAS, Constructionline and Achilles, exposure to 45001 is also highly desirable. You will be a focussed, team player with a pragmatic and proactive attitude to your work. You must be willing to travel and overnight stays will be required depending on your base location. There is the option to be based from the Wirral or Cambridge.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business who hold HSEQ at the top of their agenda. The role is full time and offers a generous salary dependent on experience plus car or allowance. There is the opportunity for some hybrid working where relevant in line with business requirements. Full benefits package on request or application.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.