Graduate Landscape Architect to join a diverse, creative and friendly team.
Your new company
We are working with a multi-award winning architectural practice, operating in the UK. They pride themselves on providing imaginative solutions to make a positive contribution for their clients, society and the built environment.
Very much a people focussed business, they very much look to create a welcoming and supportive environment for you to work in. They view diversity as a strength, which creates fresh perspectives and generates new ideas.
They very much enjoy what they do, and are determined to do the best job possible for their clients. Their culture is a product of the combined mindset and behaviours of their people, and truly believe they work best in teams.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be an ambitious Graduate Landscape Architect who is keen to flourish in a busy city centre studio. You will have both design and technical skills and a strong eye for detail. A working knowledge of Revit will be an advantage and an interest in passive design and sustainability may also be considered a differentiating factor.
Skills & Experience
- Degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent experience
- Able to communicate effectively in verbal, written and drawn formats using appropriate media for different audiences both internally and externally
- Concern for the environment and an understanding of conservation issues
- Knowledge of the conditions for plants and wildlife to flourish
- Able to work under own initiative with supervision
- Able to effectively prepare presentation drawings, take a brief and develop into a concept design
- Able to competently use 2D, 3D AutoCAD Desktop and 3D rendering packages Able to prepare detailed design and working drawings and schedules and prepare specification
- Has an innovative approach to design, a high level of visualisation skills, an awareness of design styles and new building materials
- Willingness to develop knowledge and keep up-to-date with current issues through CPD events and technical literature
- Good understanding of significance of QA procedures and Health & Safety requirements
- Able to drive and possess a full driving licence
- Excellent communication skills in terms of written English and command of the English language
- Prepare drawings and documents using a variety of software packages, notably AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign & Sketch-Up. Revit is an advantage but not a necessity.
What you'll get in return
This is a great opportunity to join a highly creative, ambitious and established business.
- Salary: Competitive City Centre salary based on experience
- Working hours: 37 hours per week (Hybrid Working + flexi hours)
- 31 days holiday inclusive (inclusive of public holidays) increasing with service
- Support with career progression and education
- BUPA Health Cash Plan
- Annual bonus
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.