- MJH Recruitment Solutions
- £55k - 65k per year + Excellent Benefits
- Closing date
- 7 Jun 2022
- Job position
- Executive, Manager, Qualified / Chartered
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Function
- Project Manager, QS / Cost consultant, Surveyor - Building
Some essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Directs and coordinates the activities of project team to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Examines construction documentation including drawings, schedules, and scopes to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Reviews tender results, specifications, test and progress reports, and other project information necessary to gain complete familiarity with the project.
- Directly manages and monitors project work in the field.
- Diligently manages change orders and variations to projects.
- Proactively identifies and solves or elevates project issues related to cost, schedule, safety, or qualify.
- Represents the company in project and site meetings, chairing and minuting meetings as required.
- Develops and maintains relationships with clients, potential clients, contractors and suppliers to help develop new opportunities.
Candidate & person specification:
- Minimum of a degree (BSc or MSc) in an accredited construction related program; or 5 to 10 years related experience.
- Demonstrated skills in construction project management ideally with a consultant background.
- Experience in multi-site projects would also be a useful attribute.
- JCT Intermediate form and traditional procurement experience
- Strong ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of the project team including management, project management, clients, client’s organization, contractors, and suppliers.
- Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and email.
- The majority of work is undertaken in the UK. You will have a level of flexibility of working from home and the office as restrictions ease.
- Travel is required to manage projects effectively and will be up to and including weekly site visits.
- Must have a full UK driving licence
For the right individual, our client is prepared to offer a salary up to c£60,000 basic plus benefits to include a £5,000 car allowance, pension (up to 6% matched), private healthcare and 25 days holiday.
At mjhr it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to meet this specification, drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090
Since 2000 MJH Recruitment has specialised in recruiting for the building and surveying industry. We pride ourselves on providing an exemplary recruitment service and matching top notch consultancy clients with talented job seekers.
Over the past 17 years, our focus has never changed: we hunt out candidates of the highest calibre in the following specialities:
- Project Managers
- Quantity Surveyors / Cost Consultants
- Building Surveyors
The majority of our appointments are in London and across the South East and we work with the following types of businesses:
- Professional quantity surveying practices (PQS)
- Building consultancies
- Project management specialists
- Multidisciplinary consultancies
Our knowledge of the construction consultancy industry is second to none and we have nurtured longstanding relationships with the brightest and the best.
With mjhr it’s simple. Outstanding customer relations and unrivalled recruitment expertise, choose the experts.
MJH Recruitment Solutions is a fully compliant corporate member of the recruitment employment confederation (No. 00068790) and as such upholds a strict code of recruiting ethics and conduct. We are also a member of the construction body of the Recruitment Employment Confederation and we are also a member of the Institute of Recruitment Professionals (No: 00075263).
You can contact us on 0207 932 0090 or please visit www.mjhrecruitment.com
We make things happen.
- 0207 932 0090
7 New Quebec St
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert