Your new company
This client is a small but well established Housing Association, they offer sheltered accommodation for mature residents within North Kent, they manage just over 200 homes and have just over 20 staff.
Due to a restructure, they are looking for a temporary Sales and Letting Officer to cover at least a 3 month contract within the North Kent office, the role is likely to be a temp to perm role.
Your new role
Based in their sheltered housing complex for older people, you will provide a high quality first point of contact for residents, visitors and callers contacting or visiting the Association. You will have lead responsibility for the management of the housing waiting lists and allocation to both sales and rental accommodation. You will be responsible for a comprehensive, efficient, customer focussed housing, tenancy, and leasehold management service. This includes providing tenancy sustainment support to our older residents and dealing with a range of enquiries. The role involves the management of; voids, lettings, and sales; tenancy and leasehold management issues; repairs and maintenance, rent and service charges nuisance and anti-social behaviour.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a first point of contact for all resident enquiries, queries, and complaints, relating to housing management, lettings, and sales.
- Assist with front of house cover and general office administration.
- Manage the in house void procedure in conjunction with the Maintenance Administrator ensuring that all void works are completed to organisational standard and are ready to let within agreed timescales and in accordance with organisational policy.
- Manage all pre-tenancy procedures including the processing of applications, managing housing and transfer waiting lists, housing assessments, preparing tenancy agreements and sign-up documentation in accordance with the Association's Lettings Policy.
- Liaise with relevant local authorities for nominations and attend meetings as appropriate.
- Process all tenancy paperwork within the agreed timescale, ensuring tenancy procedures are complied with, tenancy payments have been correctly processed, tenancy records and databases appropriately completed, and documents and files are up to date at all times.
- Maintain Register of Interest, processing all applications to purchase property
- Manage the sales process from end to end, selecting potential purchasers, conducting viewings, preparing promotional literature, ensuring clear instruction to valuers, solicitors and responding to all related queries
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be considered for this role you will need to have
- Good standard of education to include a minimum of GCSEs in Maths and English
- Professional qualification in a relevant property/housing management discipline or relevant experience
- Proven experience of working in a customer focused service
- Proven experience of working in housing sector preferably to include older persons' accommodation.
- Knowledge of housing benefit and universal credit.
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework of social housing, property/tenancy/leasehold management together with experience of delivering services that meet these requirements.
- Strong administrative and day-to-day office skills and admin systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Access & Outlook.
- Experience of working in a customer facing role delivering services to older people
- This role requires the post holder to have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) which will be obtained prior to start date.
What you'll get in return
This role is out of scope of IR35 and pays a rate of up to £16.99 per hour
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Andrew Dique now on 020 8464 6678. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.