M&E Compliance Surveyor - long-term contract - Local Authority - Flexible working / Working from home What you'll need to succeed
Hays Building Services are working with a Local Authority based in the East Midlands, who require a M&E Compliance Surveyor on a long-term rolling contract.
Your new role
You will be carrying out M&E condition surveys and asset collection across the council's corporate properties. The role will predominantly involve inputting asset data into a system by labelling commercial boilers, large pumps, distribution boards, panels, transformers etc with a QR code, scanning them onto the system, quoting your findings and reporting back to the compliance team with your findings and recommendations. The purpose of this is to give the council the data they need allow them to create future capital works schemes, which will be created based on your findings. Properties will include Schools, Leisure Centres, Community Centres, Retail outlets just to name a few.
What you'll get in return
- M&E background either as an Engineer / working in FM
- A strong M&E knowledge in Building Services
- Similar experience working for an organisation with a large property portfolio
- Competent using software such as excel to input and extract data
- Long-term rolling contract
- Up to £26 per hour (PAYE rates slightly lower) + mileage.
- 37 hours per week. Office hours 08:00 - 18:00 with no core hours.
- Flexible working and option to work from home. It is likely you will spend 2 days 'on site' and 3 days in the office / working from home.
During your placement you will have your own personal Hays consultant offering advice and guidance during your placement. Refer a Friend scheme - £250 in vouchers as a thank you. Opportunities to work for the only recruitment agency endorsed by the CIBSE.
Please note - this role is an IN-SCOPE role meaning payments cannot be made to a Limited Company
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.