Bristol, Senior quantity surveyor, PLC housebuilder
Your new company
You will be working for a well known, well established PLC housebuilder. The company have a wide range of skills, experience and backgrounds and work across any dwelling type project. People are at the heart of the business currently employing around 3000 people who have in term created a UK top-five housebuilder.
Your new role
- Strive to optimise the profitability of the Contracts.
- Ensure that the Contracts achieve the optimum cashflow position.
- Completion and compliance with required contract documentation including Performance Bonds, Parent Company Guarantees and Warranties.
- Ensure that all contract documentation and sub-contract documentation is completed and stored centrally.
- Compliance with Commercial and Company procedures through the Business Management System.
- Presenting and agreeing the external valuation with the Client's Representative.
- Pricing and agreeing variations with the Client's Representative.
- Prepare and manage key and large risk subcontract accounts from inception to final accounts.
- Subcontract procurement strategy and implementation.
- Ensure the procurement of sub-contractors is in line with the company Business Management System and that the packages cover the scope of the works.
- Check and ensure compliance and issuing of timely Payment and Pay less notices to Subcontractors.
- Control, monitor and improve commercial processes by establishing objectives and targets for the Contract teams.
- Preparing monthly CVR & VCA reports for presentation to the Business Unit Management.
- Prepare monthly reports and present to Joint Venture Partners & Clients.
- Monitoring risk and opportunity schedules and managing risk from Commencement to Completion.
- Contribute to management of life of site cost & revenue forecasts across multi-phase developments.
- As part of project team, help shape long term delivery strategy for project
What you'll need to succeed
- Behave in line with our company values - Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Should ideally have worked at a similar level ideally within a Construction organisation for at least five years.
- Demonstrable strong account management and commercial experience.
- Strong team player, with the entrepreneurial ability to operate and excel in a changing on- site environment.
- Well-developed analytical, oral and presentation / communication skills.
- Degree qualified preferable.
- Professional membership of MCIOB or RICS preferable.
- At least 10 years' experience working within the construction industry
What you'll get in return
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working arrangements possible for this role
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance - 4 x your annual salary
- Sharesave scheme
- Cycle to work scheme - up to £3000
- Support with a professional membership
- Denplan, GymFlex and many more…
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.