National Real Estate Consultancy seeking a Building Surveyor to manage a North West rural estate portfolio.
Job Title: Building Surveyor/ Clerk of Works (Associate Director or Senior Associate Director)
Remuneration: £48,000-£60,000 inclusive of car allowance, negotiable dependent on experience + bonus
Location: Chester office, North West area
Your new company
A national real estate consultancy with particular emphasis on planning and development planning and development with the backing of a global cash rich multi million £ FTSE business. They offer a broad range of services to clients across commercial, residential and rural sectors. The business has seen significant growth in the past 18 months and have increased head count in the rural division by 25% up to almost 300 circa staff nationally with further ambitions to grow creating excellent opportunities for career advancement for the right people.
Your new role
The Building Surveyor/ Clerk of Works will have overall responsibility for the maintenance and renovation of Estate buildings across rural estates and properties in the Northwest of England including North Wales. Buildings including residential, agricultural, commercial and tourism. Main duties of the Building Surveyor/ Clerk of Works include:
- Managing maintenance and repair works across the portfolio including property inspections and quality and control.
- Managing refurbishment and renovation schemes; creating specifications for minor works and overseeing outsourced teams for major projects ensuring work is up to standard.
- Managing contract tenders.
- Recording, managing and carrying out clients' Health & Safety Policies, ensuring works carried out meets requirements.
- Obtaining and managing necessary certifications & checks on behalf of Landlord's/property owners.
- Ensuring compliance with CDM regulations for both notifiable and non-notifiable projects.
- Advising on cost of appointments, assessing quotations and reporting on expenditure.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal Building Surveyor/ Clerk of Works will have a proven background in managing projects across a diverse range of buildings, ideally in a rural estates setting and be able to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge in CDM regulations.
What you'll get in return
Competitive basic salary + car/ allowance (£48,000-£60,000 inclusive of car allowance).
Highly competitive bonus with the majority of teams achieving 100% and upwards in recent years
RICS fees Paid
Healthcare for family
Buy /Sell Holidays
Cycle to work
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.