Public Sector estates team based in North Down have a permanent opportunity available.
Your new company
Our client is a public body who have a vast estate located across Northern Ireland. This organisations estate consists of modern and historic buildings, rural land, industrial warehouses and public building and facilities.
Your new role
This is a permanent position based in North Down with a requirement to travel between the organisations site.
You will report to the Built Heritage and Capital Projects Manager and in support of the Estates Manager, assist in the implementation of agreed maintenance programmes, oversee all aspects of specified capital works and contribute to ensuring statutory, mandatory and regulatory compliance. The post holder will also be responsible for aspects of the day to day running of the department.
The main duties include:
* Providing day to day operational support to the Estates department and help manage internal and external maintenance contracts as instructed.
* Preparing specifications, drawings and tender documents for work relating to both revenue and capital projects.
* Conducting tendering exercises in accordance with required financial procedures and external guidance, both directly and through eTendersNI.
* Liaising with other government bodies, Central Procurement Directorate (CPD) etc. throughout the life cycle of projects.
* Oversee financial aspects of specified capital / revenue projects and report variance to the Built Heritage and Capital Projects Manager
* Oversee agreed project plans for specified capital projects utilising appropriate project management / reporting tools.
* Design and produce detailed architectural drawings, AutoCADD, etc. for National Museums NIs portfolio of buildings and estates.
* Supervise / project manage under the direction of the Built Heritage and Capital Projects Manager work carried out across the clients estate, liaising with other departments, local authorities, contractors etc. as required.
* Carrying out condition surveys for both monitoring and scheduling purposes for both revenue and capital projects.
* Providing advice, guidance and support to site operations teams and the wider staff teams as appropriate.
* Deputise for the Built Heritage and Capital Projects Manager in her absence and when requested to do so.
* Assist in the running of a Reactive and Planned Preventive Maintenance programme including the supervision of other staff members.
* Maintain building and estate records ensuring the provision of accurate information for both internal and external purposes, utilities, certificates and local authority approval.
* Compose Business Cases, PIDs & PPEs and any other corporate documents as instructed for both capital and revenue projects across the estate.
What you'll need to succeed
A third level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant subject AND 2 years' experience of overseeing all aspects of capital projects.
OR in the absence of a 3rd level qualification, 4 years' experience of overseeing all aspects of capital projects.
Experience of writing specifications for work related to capital projects.
Experience of conducting tendering exercises and complying with associated procedures. Experience of supervising capital works on site and liaising with contractors.
Experience of preparing surveys and drawings including use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) packages.
Hold a current clean driving license and have access to a car
What you'll get in return
This is a superb opportunity to work with a highly professional client side team, giving you the chance to gain further experience in the environment where you will be able to build on your skills.
Salary range is £32,328 - £33,459, 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday and 37 days annual leave.
Eligible for membership of the Principal Civil Service Pension Scheme.
Business mileage will be reimbursed at 45p per mile.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.