Health & Safety Professional - Permanent - Consultancy
Your new company
I am currently working with a well established H&S Consultancy who are looking for a Health & Safety Professional to join their team due to growth and workload. My client works across a range of industries and prides themselves on doing the right thing by their customers. They provide a range of solutions including H&S Support, CDM Safety, Machine Safety and H&S Training across the UK. An ambitious organisation who holds core values, this is a really exciting time to join.
Your new role
The main purpose of your role is to support, advise and oversee health and safety requirements/ activities making sure H&S regulations and best practice are adhered to. Your key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and consider all relevant hazards on site, ensuring contractors on site have been inducted
- Undertake and continually review risk assessments, ensuring working practices are safe and comply with legislation
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, including fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery, CDM2015 and occupational disease
- Carry out site audits and communicate to relevant parties as required
- Design and deliver bespoke H&S advice, support and guidance as and when required
- Provide regular updates on activity and progress, ensuring client requests, concerns and risks are escalated
- Produce management reports on a regular basis
- Ensure up to date knowledge of HSE legislation and awareness of developments and new legislation that will affect the industry
This role involves regular travel to multiple site locations across the UK, frequency and duration of travel will vary but it is an essential part of the role and may require periods of time working away from home dependent on service delivery needs.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful for this role, you will hold a NEBOSH certificate, general and/or construction and have experience within a similar role. You will be used to working in fast paced environments, hold excellent problem solving and communication skills and demonstrate a can do attitude. You will be flexible and be able to travel in your own car. Experience managing CDM projects and machine compliance and machine safety audits is desirable.
What you'll get in return
You will have the opportunity to join a fantastic team who provide excellent on-boarding and induction training to their organisation. Flexible salary of up to £35,000 depending on experience. A great opportunity to use your current experience across on a range of projects covering various industries.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.