Your new company
This client is a small but well established Housing Association, they offer general needs homes, and in addition a wide range of housing, including key worker, shared ownership, and specialist accommodation. They manage just under 2000 homes across 3 London Boroughs in South London.
Due to a restructure, they are looking for a temporary maintenance surveyor to cover at least a 6 month contract within the South London office.
Your new role
As part of a small team provide a professional and reliable service to the residents by delivering a technical surveying service whilst ensuring that they deliver high performance, value for money, compliancy targets and provides decent and energy efficient homes to its residents.
- Carry out detailed technical inspections of domestic properties including Void properties
- Diagnose repairs and recommend solutions/specifications in accordance with current regulations, legislation, and best practice
- Monitor contractors and ensure works are delivered in accordance with Health and Safety legislation and Contractors Code of Conduct.
- Monitoring variations to works, authorise additional works and agree costs
- Agree contractors' valuations and invoices and sign off completed works
- Assist in monitoring substantial upgrade/refurbishment projects
- Commission and manage major works projects working alongside external Consultants
- Assist the Asset Manager and Property Services Team in delivering a high level of compliance on key statutory compliance service contracts e.g. Fire, Gas Safety; Lifts; Water Hygiene, Pumps etc.
- From time to time act as deputy for the Asset Manager at meetings/events
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be considered for this role you will need to have
- HNC in Building or equivalent
- Experience of property inspection, maintenance contracting, and front line working with contractors
- Able to prepare detailed work specifications which conform to current standards and legislative requirements.
- Able to deliver a surveying role in both Planned and Reactive work scenarios/disciplines.
- Experience in undertaking formal fire risk assessments on domestic dwellings.
- Full Valid UK Driver's License.
- Be able to obtain or already hold a standard DBS
What you'll get in return
This role is in scope of IR35 and pays a rate of up to £24.35 per hour (PAYE).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Andrew Dique now on 020 8464 6678. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.