Managing Director, Substantial Commercial & Mixed-Use Developments.
Major, Privately Owned Developer, North West Base, North & Midlands Coverage.
Outstanding Package to Attract the Best.
Our client is major, privately owned commercial development company that is based in the North West. They undertake projects typically within a two hour drive from their office, which takes in the North West, West Midlands, Severn Valley and Yorkshire. The company specialises in securing large, mixed-use schemes by either option or freehold acquisition and prepares them for development. They develop the commercial (industrial, logistics, commercial & mixed-use) and residential sites directly, selling on land parcels that are surplus to requirement. The business has a substantial land portfolio. It consists of £50m of completed projects being sold into the open market, £300m GDV of land owned that has secured planning permission and £1.3b GDV of land owned without consent being promoted. In addition, it is promoting £650m GDV of land on behalf of third party owners. Their aspiration is to become one of the leading land and property companies in the UK, creating places that their customers and colleagues can be proud of, though quality, operational excellence and commercial strength.
Reporting to the Executive Chairman you will be responsible for the following aspects:
• Develop the business plan and vision, produce the strategy and then drive the operational delivery of this plan
• Recruit and develop a team of high performing individuals to deliver the strategy
• “PR” the business as a decisive organisation that are “open for business”
• Maintain and enhance a solid pipeline of sites
• Develop strong relationships with occupiers, agents, landowners, government bodies etc
• Manage the risk profile of the business ensuring the right balance between risk & reward
• Ensure clear reporting lines from top to bottom – total transparency
• Utilise the success and scope of completed schemes as a template for future projects – a business that delivers
• Develop strong relationships and work closely with the senior teams from the various group companies
This is an outstanding opportunity and our client seeks to appoint a Managing Director who is ambitious and keen to progress their career within a dynamic and growing business. We are keen to speak with both individuals who are already at Managing Director level or, discipline Directors who feel ready to make a “well-supported” step up into the role. In addition, we will also consider high-quality candidates relocating to the area. You must have a commercial/mixed-use development background and have a demonstrable track record of success. Key skills/experience for the role:
• A highly experienced and entrepreneurial property professional who has worked extensively within the commercial property and mixed-use sectors
• Well networked and can build a team as the business grows
• A true leader who has the charisma, intelligence and commercial nous to drive the business
• Extremely market facing, knows the sector, is “ahead of the curve” on market travel and occupier requirements
• Will push the agenda, set the strategy and deliver
• Is company values focussed and uses these values a framework for success
To discuss the role, in strictest confidence, please contact Mark Heald, Director Cognisant on either firstname.lastname@example.org or 07796 514558