Senior Electrical Engineer - renewable energy. 60k - 70k plus package based manchester
Your new company
You will be joining a well-established technical consultancy and part of a worldwide Group. In the UK and Ireland, they work across the renewable energy and waste sectors, providing design, intellectual and engineering services to financial institutions, developers and owner-operators. In the UK and Ireland they employ over 130 professionals and operate from offices in Greater Manchester, Belfast and Dublin. Due to continued growth they are looking for a senior electrical engineer to join the team in manchester.
What you'll need to succeed
* a good degree in Electrical Engineering.
* significant knowledge, post qualification, of industrial electrical infrastructure and commissioning coupled with experience in HV, MV and LV, embedded generation, protection circuits, grid connections, HV and LV switchgear, substations and coordinating with UK DNOs.
* dealing effectively and professionally with external and internal clients, attending meetings etc.
* prior experience with the use of Dig SILENT and other electrical engineering sector software.
* the undertaking of feasibility, power system studies and design reviews.
* excellent understanding of health, safety and welfare within engineering.
* witnessing of both site and factory acceptance testing.
* ability to assess manufactured or fabricated items for faults; and the provision of site-based construction monitoring.
* able to work as part of a wider engineering team and also to operate autonomously as required.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to be involved in major UK energy generation projects coupled with the ability to develop and progress your career in a consultancy environment. They offer an extensive package to include a basic salary, contributory pension, private medical scheme, life assurance and company bonus schemes.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.