Your new company
I currently have an exciting opportunity to join a busy and fast paced company, based on The Wirral, however you will be working across multisites. Established over 21 years ago, my client is one of the largest Stevedoring organisations in the industry who have sites in East Yorkshire and Hull alongside their Wirral location. A great time to join this dynamic organisation, with huge contracts and projects in their pipeline this year to shape the role and progress with the company.
Your new role
Providing advice and support you will oversee the Quality and Health & Safety requirements of the business, ensuring all regulations and best practices are followed. Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage all aspects of ISO Quality Management Systems
- Write procedures, conduct internal audits for all sites
- Handle customer complaints including root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions and ensuring that they are implemented and documented
- Arrange and chair Management Review meetings
- Manage lower tier COMAH status for all sites
- Manage accreditations and relevant documentation relating to storage of fertiliser (FIAS) and food and feed products (TASCC and FEMAS) to ensure that the company remains compliant
- Ensure HACCP plans are continuously reviewed
- Liaise with the appointed advisor for health and safety, HSE officials and Health and Safety Representatives from other organisations
- Carry out and review Risk and COSHH assessments and developing safe systems of work for all activities and ensure staff are aware of their responsibilities
- Prepare and deliver toolbox talks as and when required
- Monitor training matrix and requirements with site managers, ensuring that appropriate training is in place
- Investigate injuries, incidents and near misses, including root cause and record all findings
What you'll need to succeed
You will have previous experience in a similar position and will hold a NEBOSH certificate as a minimum qualification. Experience working in a Manufacturing environment such as Warehousing, Distribution or similar is highly desirable. You will be well versed with ISO9001/2015. Also, with knowledge of ISO45001/14001. You will be able to demonstrate a hands-on and consistent approach to Health & Safety, be adaptable and able to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment. A 'can do' attitude in this engaging but dynamic workplace will see you progress in this role.
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary of up to £45,000. 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, company car and a generous pension scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.