Structural Technician job in Leicester. Experienced in either AutoCAD or REVIT. Competitive salary & benefits
Your new company
Established in 2009 this multi-disciplinary consultancy is able to demonstrate, through the extensive experience of their team, a wide ranging portfolio of projects of varying scale across diverse sectors. They have developed a well respected reputation for delivering design led structural and civil engineering solutions in a timely and cost effective manner. Projects include large scale residential developments, commercial, healthcare, hotels, private residential properties, education, leisure, cultural buildings, regeneration and retail schemes throughout the UK and overseas.They are also experienced in the conservation of historic buildings and extensive remedial and refurbishment work together with a number of complex and structurally demanding specialist projects such as bridges and sculptures.
Your new role
You will assist in the delivery of design projects by the production of design and detail drawings and documentation. Your main duties will include:
- Production of accurate and detailed drawings utilising relevant computer software - AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Production of specifications, schedules and other documentation in accordance with requirements.
- Control and distribution of documentation in accordance with internal and client requirements.
- Assist others in the collation of project status and other reports.
- Liaise with clients, contractors and suppliers, stakeholders and third parties to ensure successful project delivery.
- Provide support and mentoring to other staff members
- Make short term visits to sites in the UK to support project and proposals needs for client liaison, site surveys, construction supervision, etc.
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Adherence with relevant legislation and industry design standards including British Standards and Eurocodes as required.
What you'll need to succeed
You possess excellent construction knowledge with a strong appreciation of structural elements including reinforced concrete and steel design. Ideally you also have timber and masonry project experience. You can demonstrate detailed knowledge of industry technical and design standards and you have substantial experience of producing engineering drawings. Your ability to assist in the production of clear and concise technical information, reports and specifications will be essential. Obviously, your proficiency in the use of CAD and/or REVIT relevant software is a must.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes a twice yearly bonus. Your new employer is happy to support with any further study requirements and offers a flexible working policy. You will be encouraged to use your expertise to the full and the company offers an excellent opportunity for you to enhance your skills and develop yourself within a well established company. This company has a pipeline of work in place for the next 10 years so can also offer you job security and longevity.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.