Are you interested in joining an organisation who proactively create opportunities with strategic hires?
There really is no better time to be considering a move to this global consultancy. You will be joining a team of passionate experts that offer complex solutions to a diverse range of clients. To be successful in this position you will be a Senior Hydraulic Flood Modeller looking to undertake a varied workload and join an existing flood risk team. You will ideally be based within a commutable distance of Leeds or Manchester and excited to take on major and challenging infrastructure projects with clients in the private and public sector.
This is a unique opportunity suited to a highly experienced Flood Risk Consultant/ Modeller with a wealth of exposure to hydraulic modelling and hydrology assessments, offering support to the design of flood risk schemes and flood risk assessment services.
Not just a new exciting vacancy and a strategic hire to the business, the newly appointed Senior Flood Risk Modeller will strengthen the organisations ability to deliver modelling services, in particular developing catchment-based hydrology, as well as autonomously building and running hydraulic models using Flood Modeller Pro software and completing the production of flood risk assessments.
You will take individual responsibility for a range of project types, managing them independently and be the face of the business with the client and stakeholders. You will lead junior staff members in the design and management of schemes, making a positive impact to the potential future star Flood Risk Modellers. You will work with clients to ensure the delivery of projects to time and cost, and to help manage change where necessary.
Although currently working from home, and/ or operating a hybrid model. The successful applicant will have an allocated base office either Leeds or Manchester; however, projects are UK wide some occasional travel is expected.
The ideal candidate will:
- A personable team player
- Not afraid of challenges
- Able to work in fast-paced and growing team
- A desire to progress your career
- Experienced in delivering flood modelling commissions
- Have a detailed knowledge of UK flood risk policy (NPPF and TAN15)
- Experienced in undertaking technical reviews of hydraulic models produced by others
- Great communication skills, written and verbal inclusive of writing reports and presenting to internal and external partners
- Able to work with internal stakeholders to prompt flood risk services
- Have experience in fluvial flood modelling using industry-standard software including Tuflow / Estry / Flood Modeller Pro (essential)
- Commercially astute and able to assist in the preparation of fee proposals and bids
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant field and eligible for CEng MICE or chartered with CIWEM.
- Ideally be approaching chartership or with a drive to work towards chartered status
- Hold a full UK Driving License.
- Security Clearance to minimum SC level preferable (or be suitable and willing to apply for clearance essential).
Interested? Apply NOW or call for a confidential conversation with the managing consultant- Karly Clark