Chartered Senior Geotechnical Engineer and above for a diverse consultancy based in North Yorkshire
ABOUT YOUR NEW EMPLOYER:
Operating nationally and internationally when required, this outstanding Engineering Consultancy benefits from a first class reputation in delivery of design and projects, as well as a consistent and stable workforce. The fact they are adding additional talent to their team is a rarity; Not only do they not recruit often, their staff retention is high, with many of their teams serving huge milestones 10 and 15 years plus.
Based nr York, North Yorkshire and accessible via York railway station, close to the ring road with superb access to the motorway network; easily commutable from Leeds, Sheffield and Hull for example.
My client is best known for their geotechnical engineering investigation, design and construction services working with a variety of clients, ranging from Main Contractors, Specialist piling and Geotechnical Contractors, Consultants, Government Departments, Major Infrastructure Owners and Local Authorities to name but a few.
Projects are equally as diverse and they have delivered successfully across civil construction and building development, road, rail, harbour, coastal, water & sewerage, power, utilities, health, nuclear, education, housing and heritage sectors.
Their core functions include:
- Designs for the ground and structures contained in it or founded
- Identification and development of alternative cost effective practical ground engineering solutions.
- Design and optimisation of retaining walls, piled foundations, ground anchors, soil nails, basements, tunnels and shafts, earthworks, slopes and conventional foundations.
Regularly they work to Eurocodes and British Standards for geotechnical and structural design services, plus much, much more!
You will be keen to join an independently owned Engineering Service, offering a client focused design service, delivering optimised ground engineering solutions to clients, on time and on budget.
You will be passionate about geotechnics and a confident leader of projects, whilst working with the Directors to support and develop graduates and junior geotechnical engineers.
Essential qualifications and skills
- Masters in Civil Engineering or Engineering Geology / Geotechnics
- Over 5 years experience in geotechnical design
- A competent user of geotechnical design software, including FEA
- Professionally qualified (CEng or CGeol)
- Practical / pragmatic approach to design solutions
- Good manner with clients, stakeholders and staff
- Ability to coach, develop and mentor graduates and engineers
Whats in it for you?
You will be joining a rewarding, friendly and supportive working environment, with an opportunity of future progression and the potential to join the Board of Directors long term.
- They have excellent IT systems and design software
- Competitive salary suitable to level of experience
- Annual bonus dependent on performance
- Payment of professional fees
- Generous 8% company pension contributions
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Potential for long term part equity ownership to the right candidate
This is a highly rewarding opportunity with an exceptional engineering consultancy that offer careers for life! To find out more, please contact Karly directly on 0333 010 5346.