Customer Service Technician opportunity with leading housebuilder
Your new company
I have a fantastic opportunity for a Customer Service Technician to join the team of a national housebuilding contractor covering various sites around Cornwall and Devon. This is a chance to be work on a permanent basis with one of the most successful housebuilders in the UK who have earned a great reputation in the market since their inception. As a Customer Service Technician, you will provide an outstanding level of customer care service to all clients and customers and work to maintain the company's 5* builder status. You will carry out repairs, source all necessary materials in advance in order to complete works on time and within the first visit. You will also assist office-based staff with putting together a programme of works for subcontractors and be on hand to offer technical advice.
Your new role
Your role will involve:
- carrying out remedial works as deployed by the customer's service team on occupied and unoccupied properties
- reviewing defects lists and procuring any materials required prior to customer appointments
- completing stock unit inspections to get these units up to the right standard for walk-through
- Liaising with customers and inspecting reported defects, producing reports with photographs and passing to the customer service team so remedial work can be coordinated with sub-contractors.
What you'll need to succeed
You'll need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Behave with integrity, empathy and a focus on quality
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to deal with sometimes challenging customers
- Be organised and self-motivated
- Have a construction-based customer service background ideally
- Ability to update operate with defect management systems as required
- Have practical knowledge of NHBC, LABC & Premier Guarantee guidelines
What you'll get in return
My client are willing to offer a generous package for the right individual, which includes a competitive salary and annual bonus, a company van, 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, free private healthcare, an advantageous company contributory pension scheme, life assurance and sharesave scheme.
You'll also get the chance to work with like-minded individuals, focused on delivering the best possible quality homes to their customers.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.