Estimator - Construction - Negotiable
Your new company
Regional contractors with over 20 years experience working on a range of projects including property development and extensions, restorations, fit out and property maintenance, with projects across Cambridgeshire and surrounding Counties.
Your new role
Due to continued growth and a growing order book they are now looking to take on and Estimator.
Main duties of the role include:
- Overseeing projects to ensure costs remain in line with forecasts.
- Compiling bids for work.
- Calculating the cost of materials, transport, labour and equipment hire.
- Obtaining quotes for all predicted requirements from sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Collating detailed price lists of everything needed on each construction project.
- Clarifying the client's needs and expectations.
- Reading plans and taking measurements
- making use of relevant computer software such as excel, word and Autodesk DWG.
- Assessing and adhering to all risk assessments and health and safety requirements.
- Keeping up to date with inflation, exchange rates and projected timescale costs.
- Making visits to proposed construction sites.
- Liaising with others including construction managers, planners and design teams.
- Presenting bids to clients and answering their questions.
- Completing work quality submissions.
- Preparing and submitting quotations for work.
What you'll need to succeed
Previous experience working in a similar role especially in commercial and residential sector
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.