Mechanical Estimator - Construction - Negotiable Salary
Your new company
They are an established fit-out and refurbishment office fit out company based in the Cambridge area. With specialist teams cover every aspect of the process - from design to decorating, and from project management to plumbing.
Your new role
Mechanical Estimator required to join the company and be key in future development and success in delivering a continuous flow of new business and identifying future opportunities in both competitive tendering and design & build projects.
- This is a hands-on role with responsibility for the production of Mechanical Electrical tenders
- Producing Detail Tender Bids
- Producing Bill of Quantities
- Producing Technical documents in support of Tender Bids
- Completion & Evaluation of JCT & NEC Tender contract documents
- Production of tender packs to flow down to sub-contractors
- Management of JCT & NEC contracts throughout the project lifetime alongside the Project Manager for the project
- Manage and respond to tender enquiries
- Review enquiries and prepare take-offs from drawings
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain quotes
- The role requires a solid understanding of Mechanical & Electrical estimating and previous experience in the construction industry, ideally as an estimator in a similar role.
- Established background in Estimating, Quantity Surveying, Project & Bid Management
- Understand and interpret detailed Technical Works Scope documentation Identify, quantify and mitigate areas of commercial risk
- The ability to plan workload for themselves with others to ensure delivery to client deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the internal and external clients
- This role will also include the management of all ISO9001 compliance documentation throughout the business
- Updating of Senior Management Weekly on current tenders
What you'll need to succeed
Previous experience in a similar role
Working knowledge of NEC type of contracts
What you'll get in return
Negotiable salary and package
25 Days Holiday
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.