ASAP Start - 6-month rolling contract - Up to £30 p/h - Local Authority - Nottinghamshire
Your new company
Hays Building Services, Leicester are working with a Local Authority based in Nottinghamshire who require Building Services Contracts Manager, to manage maintenance contracts on a 6-month rolling contract.
Your new role
You will be working within a maintenance environment for a Local Authority with a large estate, purely on Corporate Buildings such as offices, community centres, leisure centres, retail units just to name a few. There will be a predominant focus on statutory compliance, ensuring that all certificates and checks are up to date. Where they are not, you will challenge and instruct the appropriate appointed contractors to carry out the checks, to achieve 100% compliance. You will also be responsible for the day-to-day management of the contractors, ensuring sufficient standards of work, creating scopes of work and the development of procedures regarding electrical works.
You may on occasion be required to carry out condition surveys to establish, to then be able to make recommendations on what upgrades / replacement priorities there may be.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will come from a Building Services background, with Electrical / Mechanical qualifications.
- Experience of delivering 100% compliance within a Public Sector organisation or an organisation with a large estate.
- Experience of managing maintenance contracts - client side.
- Experience creating scopes of work and managing contractors on a day-to-day basis.
- Able to carry out condition surveys.
What you'll get in return
- Up to £30 per hour (PAYE rates slightly lower).
- Working 37.5 hours per week.
- Business mileage covered at 44ppm.
- 6-month contract rolling contract.
- Flexible working hours - This role will predominantly be office based.
During your placement you will have your own personal Hays consultant offering advice and guidance during your placement. Refer a Friend scheme - £250 in vouchers as a thank you. Opportunities to work for the only recruitment agency endorsed by the CIBSE.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.