Senior Project engineer £35k - £45k in lancashire working in the nuclear sector.
Your new company
With a proud history of safely delivering cost-effective decommissioning, waste management and land remediation services for the nuclear industry, our client is a team of experienced industry experts and graduate/postgraduate engineers and scientists bringing innovation and enthusiasm tempered with pragmatism to ensure effective delivery for customers. Their core values of Passion, Integrity, Challenge and Collaboration drive performance and ensure they add significant value. Due to continued growth they are looking to appoint a senior project engineer with a mechanical background to the team in Lancashire.
Your new role
You are responsible to support and deputise for the Project Managers in the delivery of projects in full compliance with the pre-determined standards of safety, quality, environmental and security and the conditions of contract. Initially supporting the close out of MILWEP DARs.
support and deputise for the NSG Project Managers in the delivery of projects in full compliance with the pre-determined standards of safety, quality, environmental and security and the conditions of contract. Initially supporting the close out of MILWEP DARs.
What you'll need to succeed
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a technical engineering discipline
- Experience of having the accountability for delivering projects
- Good understanding of the UK Nuclear Industry
- Experience of delivering projects using a recognised quality system & requirement
- Experience of:
- Design Change close out (chasing suppliers for as builts)
- Assisting commissioning manager with closing out commissioning documents
- Ensure that all Fault Observations are recorded following commissioning and closed in the correct manner
- Updating operating/maintenance instructions based on red line mark ups
- General project engineering support - raising Purchase Orders, chasing suppliers etc
- Supporting with LTQRs
What you'll get in return
You will be offered career development and support with 25 days leave plus bank holidays which increase with length of service. a 37.5 working week. Flexibility with home and office working. 5% pension scheme along with other benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.