Supervisor - Civils & Telecoms - Negotiable Package
Your new company
With more than 30 years of experience working in the Highways, Civils, Utilities and Telecoms sector, working with established clients throughout the UK in both the Public and Blue Chip private sector. They have established offices across the country
Your new role
To assist the project manager in ensuring deadlines are met, quality maintained and in a cost-effective manner. Ensuring all materials and equipment are available on site and maintained as per company policy.
Ensure gangs/crews are following company procedure in relation to HSEQ through delivery of toolbox talks, site audits, quality audits and relevant health & safety requirements.
* Complete pre-site survey & site risk assessments prior to works to ensure plan feasible and feedback to Project Manager if changes/uplifts/DFEs required
* Understand permit requirements and provide the information of the permits required to Project Manager in a timely manner to protect project deliverables
* Liaise with client/end user/public in advance of works where necessary to ensure awareness of works to be undertaken in advance of works taking place
* Review plans and ensure all documentation is available as required such as utility stats, clear engineering drawings etc
* Manage the day to day undertakings on site, ensuring you have the right people in the right place at the right time with the right equipment/PPE and appropriate documentation including competency qualifications, escalating to the Project Manager any issues that compromise delivery
* Record all deviations from plan where the deviation is outside the standard specification irrespective of whether there is a cost implication
* Ensure feedback is provided in a timely manner to both project manager and/or client for deferral from estimate (DFE), ensure the correct process is undertaken to ensure the DFE is approved and included in the application for client payment where required
* Ensure quality is maintained to minimise FPNs/defects, where FPNs/defects raised liaise with key stakeholders to challenge or rectify in a timely manner
* Set clear expectation of work to be undertaken by gangs/crews including highway/client's quality standards are met and Company policies/procedures adhered to
* Order materials and plant as required in time to meet key project dates
What you'll need to succeed
* Valid NRSWA Streetworks Supervisor card - essential
* First Aid - desirable
* SSSTS - desirable
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.