Street Lighting Maintenance Works Manager - Civils - Freelance
Your new company
Working for one of the UK's leading contractors operating both in the UK and Worldwide, they operate across a number of sectors including building, infrastructure, housing and maintenance.
Your new role
To directly manage the local Operations delivery team for Street lighting Maintenance works out of contractual depot, provide day-to-day oversight and safeguarding of personnel from other Suffolk Highways service areas manage all the depot's property-based responsibilities and ensure that all personnel present act as a single team to provide a collaboration-based local highway maintenance and improvement service.
Main Duties will involve
- Manage yourself and your service area personnel by taking responsibility for your own and their personnel development, motivation, performance, behaviour, health, safety and general wellbeing through the application of appropriate policies, procedures and management techniques;
- Take day-to-day responsibility for the motivation, performance, behaviour, health, safety and general wellbeing (through the application of appropriate policies, procedures and management techniques) of Suffolk Highways personnel;
- Plan and be creative in the use of resources through meaningful application of technology, systems thinking, smarter ways of working, time management and project management tools and techniques;
- Think critically and analytically to provide clarity of vision to others, make decisions and recommendations based on sound rationale, and influence the development and implementation of strategies for positive change;
- Be an effective ambassador for Suffolk Highways and deliver meaningful, convincing and motivational communications internally and externally to Suffolk Highways to a wide range of audiences;
- Work collaboratively with others to build relationships and a network of contacts that will deliver the best outcomes for people and places in Suffolk, whilst accounting for and responding to customer satisfaction and future needs;
- Respond to increasing financial pressure by being creative, innovative and cost-focused, exercising strong financial judgement and risk management to secure optimum efficiency savings, cost reductions and profitability without sacrificing service quality;
- Proactively shape an asset management culture and champion asset management principles and best practices within Infrastructure Operations, ensuring value for money in providing a quality service.
What you'll need to succeed
Previous experience in a similar role
- 18th Edition (BS 7671) Electrical or similar/knowledge of.
- New roads and street works act accreditation (Supervisor)
- SMSTS or SSSTS
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.