We are recruiting a Senior Executive Officer to help deliver existing allocated funds from the £1billion Building Safety Fund (BSF) and the £3.5 billion additional funding which the government has made available to ensure proper remediation of unsafe cladding from high-rise buildings 18m and above.
The role sits within the Fund Eligibility and Registrations team, which ensures that buildings can register for the funds and can properly access the money available to help them remediate. They also oversee the Appeals process for those buildings who were originally declared ineligible at the registrations stage.
The team are also instrumental in working with our Policy and Briefing team as well as our external technical advisors to ensure eligibility decisions are fair, consistent, and well communicated to Registrants and Delivery Partners.
To support the team in this work, we are looking for a construction industry professional such as a Registered Architect, Chartered Surveyor, Chartered Structural Engineer, Fire Engineer or Chartered Architectural Technologist. Applicants with relevant experience in a construction related field such as design or technical management or specification will also be considered.
Responsibilities for the roles will include some of the following:
- Working with the team to resolve challenges with remaining applications for the Building Safety Fund and helping to oversee the new application process
- Providing oversight to the technical aspects of fund operations
- Carrying out research, drafting advice and briefings and supporting the development of policy papers for senior stakeholders and the Commission on key issues.
- Work closely with the consultants who are providing technical advice, Project Management Office and building owner support functions to deliver these objectives.
- Supporting stakeholder and industry engagement on a high-profile and fast-paced programme
- Using data and evidence to gain a detailed understanding of the wider picture of building safety, emerging trends, and the challenges/barriers.
- Creating effective working relationships with external stakeholders and working with them to encourage the use of their enforcement powers.
- Liaising and managing relationships with internal departments to ensure efficiency
- Relevant construction industry related qualification, professional registration or applicable experience in a related field
- Knowledge of typical construction materials and systems used in the cladding of buildings
- Knowledge of standards and regulations applicable to the cladding of buildings
- Ability to work flexibly and adapt to fluid priorities and tasks in order to ensure that business objectives are delivered
- Experience of delivering effective results in a pressured, political and fast paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative and seek out innovative opportunities to deliver effective change.
- Proven ability to take ownership of own work, monitoring performance and supporting others and the wider team.
- Ability to gather evidence to support your advice and develop options for new policy areas