Your new company
Baily Garner was established in 1976 and has grown from a small practice into a multi-disciplinary consultancy of almost 200 professionals. We think big and are active participants in the construction industry, encouraging change and letting people know what we think.
Our team of almost 200 people, based out of offices in London and Birmingham, combines architects, building surveyors, quantity surveyors, electrical, mechanical and environmental engineers, project managers and health and safety specialists.
We have traditionally been, and continue to be, strong in the housing sector - new build, refurbishment, mixed use and mixed tenure schemes and have steadily increased our presence in the education, care, health, blue light and commercial sectors. As a result we have a portfolio of projects ranging in value from £5,000 to in excess of £100 million, of which around two thirds each year is earned in repeat instructions from existing delighted clients.
Your new role
The job responsibilities described hereafter are a guide and all employees will be expected to undertake tasks as directed by Partners.
- Assist Programme Manager/Project Team Leader with Client liaison to include formulation of briefs, fee proposals, presentation of schemes, and/or services, project programming and other matters affecting delivery of service.
- Act as the Contract Administrator or Employer's Agent on a wide range of building types, utilising all standard forms of construction and assuming full responsibility for the following:
- Visit site and carry out and issue inspections reports.
- Prepare and present initial appraisal and feasibility reports.
- Carry out measured surveys of existing buildings or sites.
- Produce full survey drawings.
- Prepare and present outline design proposals, including preparation of budget estimate costs.
- Prepare and present for approval complete scheme designs.
- Prepare full working drawings sufficient for the construction of the project.
- Submit applications for statutory approvals, including Planning, Listed Building Consent and Building Control Approval.
- Prepare specifications and schedules of work and/or provide information for the preparation of bills of quantities.
- Prepare Employer's Requirements for Design and Build purposes
- Invite tenders for the main contract, carry out tender analysis and prepare tender reports.
- Prepare contract documents.
- Prepare maintenance manuals.
- Undertake professional services to include Party Wall Matters, Rights to Light issues, schedule of condition, inspection of buildings to determine conditions and future maintenance liabilities, including preparing detailed reports.
- Delegate any of the above duties whilst retaining responsibility for their delivery.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum 5 years post-qualification experience and/or breadth of knowledge and competence commensurate with this position.
- Associate membership of RICS or equivalent recognised qualification.
- Attending Core Competencies and internally/externally run CPDs in order to achieve a minimum of 20 hours per year continued professional development.
What you'll get in return
For the full benefits package, please click on the benefits tab. For this role you can expect a salary of up to £60k - depending on experience, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and birthday leave.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Andrew Dique now on 020 8464 6678. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.