Job for Estimator available with successful, expanding regional contractor
Your new company
I'm working again with a regional contractor who specialise in the provision of maintenance and construction services to clients in the educational, healthcare and commercial sectors across Devon and Cornwall. This independently-owned business have established a reputation for complete customer focus and the ability to deliver any contract to time and budget; as a result, they have grown consistently each year for over a decade. They are currently looking for an additional estimator to join their commercial team to meet the growing demand for their services.
Your new role
Based from their offices on the outskirts of Plymouth, your duties will focus on qualifying, pricing and winning tenders for building fabric maintenance and small works building contracts of up to £2m in value. You will:
* Liaise with clients, consultants, quantity surveyors, and other third parties.
* Review and evaluate all tender enquiries for completeness and accuracy.
* Administrate correspondence and tender documentation throughout the supply chain.
* Organise and attend site visits with suppliers and subcontractors.
* Participate in project meetings.
* Obtain pricing in a timely manner to meet with submission deadlines.
* Review and evaluate all project costs and provide a complete price submission.
* Assess the levels of business risk on each project.
* Maintain relationships with clients keeping a sales-minded attitude.
* Provide estimating and tender writing training to the estimating team as and when required.
What you'll need to succeed
You should have a decent amount of experience pricing and winning tenders for similar contracts, be highly articulate, with excellent attention to detail and a good understanding of the 'nuts and bolts' of construction, which will allow you to price projects accurately. IT literacy is a must, as is the ability to keep control of a large number of potential opportunities to the business. Many of the tenders coming into the business are from repeat clients, so strong communication skills with a customer focus are also essential.
What you'll get in return
The role of Estimator is extremely important to my client, as winning new contracts that have been priced accurately and profitably is the lifeblood of the business - with this in mind, they are looking to pay a competitive salary with car/car allowance and additional benefits to secure your services and commitment. You'll be joining a dynamic team who have clearly defined goals for the future of the company and will be working in a role that provides real variation and challenge.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.