Senior Site Manager - Construction - Competitive Salary + Package
Your new company
One of the UK's leading 5 star house builders who pride themselves on high quality homes with offices and projects throughout the UK and offering the chance for a great career
Your new role
Responsible to the Contracts Manager you will manage the construction of a development, including all associated pre and post housebuilding works, ensuring that targets are met regarding health and safety, delivery to build programme quality, customer care, and cost. You will be expected to:
- Ensuring compliance on site at all times to the company health and safety standards and processes, NHBC standards, building regulations, and overall quality standards.
- Co-ordinating labour and resources on site to deliver the build programme on larger developments, and to proactively schedule in trades to ensure optimum delivery.
- Manage material levels on larger site to ensure the minimum amount of stock, but enough to ensure the site programme is met and all labour is efficiently employed.
- Ensuring that all plots are built to the highest standard of quality, complying with the NHBC Standards, Building Regulations, range specifications, and best practice.
- Undertaking company directed quality control procedures and inspections at the correct timings, and rectifying any defects so as not to incur additional cost, time delays to the programme, or reduction in the final quality.
- Monitoring and controlling the cost of production, and approving payment to contractors and trades where appropriate.
- Initiating and attending plot inspections with the Local Building Inspector or NHBC, taking corrective action to ensure a minimum of RI's/BRI's.
- Carrying out toolbox talks or similar on-site briefings to influence, gain commitment, and to drive best practice.
- To have regularly displayed a proactive approach to mitigating risk, to build sequencing, and to overall quality on site.
- Liaising proactively with other internal departments, externals suppliers and partners to ensure the build programme is achieved.
- Working with sales through regular sales/build meetings to ensure a smooth and controlled delivery of homes for customers.
- To deliver a high standard of site presentation at all times.
- Carrying out New Home Tour with the Sales Advisor and customer(s) to give a good demonstration of the home, answering any questions, and rectifying any issues before Legal Completion.
- With the support of the Contracts Manager, ensure that the on-site Construction team is fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the site's workload and resources.
- Showing a good behavioural example in all aspects of health and safety, organisation, conduct, quality of work, and professionalism.
What you'll need to succeed
Previous experience working in a similar role
What you'll get in return
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- Single Cover Private Medical Insurance
- Company Car or Cash Allowance
- Annual Medical Health Assessment
- 25 days holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years continuous service up to 28 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.