Building Surveyor | Kent/South East London | £25-£30 per hour | Temporary
North Kent / South East London
Excellent pension scheme
£25 to £30 per hour
Immediate interviews available
Building Surveyor with social housing experience needed in Kent.
Are you a Building Surveyor with housing experience looking for a new challenge? Do you have a strong background working in the public sector or with a housing association? If so, I want to hear from you.
Your new company
On behalf of our client, an estate in North Kent, Hays Property & Surveying are currently seeking a Building Surveyor for a new opportunity.
Your new Building Surveyor job role
A new job opportunity has arisen for a Building Surveyor with social housing experience to join this estate with a portfolio of properties across South East London. You will join the in-house surveying team delivering maintenance, small refurbs and planned works across their portfolio.
You will be required to carry out aspects of building surveying including continuation of the stock condition survey plan, responsive repairs, refurbishment, fire safety, compliance and monitoring the performance of contractors to ensure all works are completed as specified.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Ideally you will be an accomplished Building Surveyor with recent housing experience.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a building surveying role.
- Either working with a housing association, local authority or consultancy
- You should have a good understanding of stock and asset management principles.
- Working knowledge of housing legislation and building regulations.
You should also have :
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- UK driving licence with own transport to commute to properties across South East London and North Kent
In return you can expect:
- To work for a forward-thinking estate with an excellent reputation
- Be rewarded with a competitive market salary.
- Excellent company benefits available
- 20 days annual leave
- Private healthcare
- Excellent pension scheme
- Free parking
- On the job training
- Full autonomy to make the role your own.
- Work as part of a successful, experienced team.
Our client is seeking to carry our first stage video interviews for this position with a view of remote onboarding for the successful candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this Building Surveyor role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call now on 01622 235 684. If this Building Surveyor job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career