A new client for M&C in 2021 is a provider, owner, and operator of private rental sector (PRS) housing. We have been instructed to search for a Delivery Director to work on projects that are focused towards single family housing.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious construction professional to join a new and rapidly growing business. The Delivery Director is responsible for the successful delivery of our clients development pipeline. The business is focused on building a high-quality portfolio of single family homes including a significant proportion of new build assets, so this role is absolutely key to the successful execution of the strategy.
This is a senior role within the business, and the successful candidate will be expected to establish an efficient and professional delivery function, building a team of project managers and establishing robust processes to ensure delivery of high quality homes for our clients customers.
Key duties include:
- Establish a delivery function that can scale rapidly in response to a growing development pipeline without losing sight of quality in the product delivered.
- Co-ordinate with the acquisition team to anticipate future staffing needs and business changes required to manage the development pipeline and delivery program.
- Coordinate with delivery partners to deliver the scheduled delivery programme and manage handovers to the operational teams.
- Work in partnership with the panel of Employers Agents (EA`s) to ensure they are working effectively and maximising the efficiency between the in-house team and EA`s.
- Through working effectively with EA`s and housebuilders, set and achieve high standards of finished homes, in terms of both quality and safety and minimising the likelihood of defects.
- Develop relationships at a senior level within the housebuilder community to ensure that our client receives the appropriate level of service required whilst preserving positive relationships.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and development to the wider delivery team including external partners.
- Work alongside the acquisitions team on the contract requirements and participate in negotiations with housebuilders regarding acceptance.
- Implement a robust handover process that ensures properties satisfy property compliance and quality requirements prior to handover.
- Ensure that the integrity of all data and documents are in line with the agreed formats for the business.
- Establish effective arrangements across the business for dealing with defects to ensure they are resolved quickly to the satisfaction of residents and funded by the relevant contractor.
- Establish effective programme plans working with internal teams to anticipate what our client requires to action in terms of lettings, compliance, customer service and charging.
- Observe and comply with policies and procedures for Health and Safety and review and update this area regularly and report into the business.
- Keep up to date with legislation as it impacts the construction/residential sector and recommend changes to be adopted.
- Work as part of the senior team to support the organisation`s strategies, planning, organisation and delivery across the business.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience as a Director/Head of Project Delivery in the Residential/construction sector.
- Substantial experience of development project delivery including the successful delivery of complex projects.
- Credibility in the sector, ideally with a track record in the delivery of new housing.
- Experience, partnering, managing and negotiating with housebuilders at a Senior Level.
- Technical knowledge of the construction and development industry including: development appraisal, construction law, planning & design and construction technology. This will include an awareness of current regulatory requirements and likely future changes.
- Experience successfully leading remote teams and the ability to coach and inspire your direct team and the wider business.
- Either, experience of establishing new functions / processes, or of leading organisational change.
- Experience presenting and communicating at Executive and Board Level.
- Able to represent the business at all levels with customers and other stakeholders.
- A higher education qualification (e.g. Degree) and / or substantial relevant experience.
- Appropriate professional qualification - RICS or CIOB