Building Services Engineer - 6 month rolling contract - Up to £45 p/h - East Mids based - NHS Trust
Hays Building Services, Leicester are working exclusively with a NHS Trust based in the East Midlands who require an Building Services Engineer to join the team to assist with a multi-million-pound Capital Works scheme.
Your new role
You will be working on the Capital Works side dealing with the new infrastructure projects the Trust has. As you will be working within an Acute setting, projects will include Electrical, Mechanical & Gas (including medical gas) services and MES, the value of which can be anything from £10k to £2m.
A core part of this job will be to work with the design teams to ensure that the Trust, as the client, will be getting a build that meets all their necessary standards. It will be your responsibility to orchestrate exactly what it is that the Trust require, with the ability to hold your own in meetings to ensure the end product will be fit for purpose.
The role will also encompass a variety of additional responsibilities including tendering, appointing contractors, issuing paperwork, CDM's, liaising with the internal QS department to deal with the commercial aspects of the project, Project Management and reallocating offices / wards in preparation for works / demolitions.
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant qualifications or trade background (HNC/HND Building Services, Mechanical/Electrical time-served apprentice)
- Strong M&E Technical knowledge / ability.
- Experience working with design teams.
- Experience of managing M&E contractors.
- Experience working on maintenance / minor works projects valued up to £2m.
- JCT contract experience
- Acute Trust experience desirable
What you'll get in return
- ASAP Start.
- 40 hours per week.
- Up to £45 per hour (PAYE rate slightly lower).
- Flexible working options available.
- 6-month rolling contract with temp to perm opportunities
You will also have a personal Hays consultant offering advice and guidance during your placement. Refer a Friend scheme - £200 in vouchers as a thank you. Opportunities to work for the only recruitment agency endorsed by the CIBSE.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.