Civil Engineer job in Nottingham. Hybrid working structure, excellent benefits and negotiable salary.
Your new company
A multi-disciplinary consultancy whose focus is on quality and commitment to continuous improvement with the development of their staff at the heart of their business strategy. They are committed to promoting equality, diversity and cohesion, reflecting this in their working environment and practices to attract and retain the best talent in a competitive industry. They firmly believe that their success is down to their brilliant team. This is why they invest in people, their development, and their well being, and have become an Investors in People Platinum accredited company.
Your new role
You will join a busy team working on a range of projects some of which are cross-disciplinary. Your main duties will include:
- Production of schematic/concept designs and detailed design calculations within defined project timescales
- Liaising with other construction professionals in the development of designs
- Directing technicians in the production of AutoCAD drawing information and undertaking quality reviews of drawn information prior to issue
- Liaising with other disciplines within the business (ie Structures and Geo-Enviro) to ensure design is fully co-ordinated.
- Developing relationships with clients and other professionals with the aim of identifying and securing new project opportunities and helping to expand the discipline.
- Production of Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategy reports for planning.
- Undertaking drainage and SuDS designs using MicroDrainage or Causeway Flow.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have an accredited degree in Civil Engineering (high 2:1 or 1st Class) and either hold or be working towards Chartered status (MICE/ AMICE or equivalent). You are IT literate with experience of structural design software packages and Microsoft Office. You are technically competent and understand the fundamental stability requirements of structures and construction details. You hold a valid driving license.
What you'll get in return
Helping employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is essential to this business and if you join them, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements and an outstanding package that includes:
- Family feel culture
- Being part of an Employee-owned Trust
- Award winning L&D team who champion personal and professional development
- 25 days holidays + birthday holiday and option to purchase further holidays
- 7% company pension contribution
- Health cash plan
- Employee wellness program - Access to support like 24/7 GP, Get Fit Programme, mental health, financial and legal support, plus more
- Competitive salary and annual reviews
- Life assurance and long-term illness protection
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Holidays at company lodges and walking weekends
- Cycle to work scheme
- Awards and away days
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.