Senior QS required for regional quality housing developer
Your new company
I'm happy to be working again with a leading regional housebuilder who have a passion for building high quality houses that will serve local communities for generations to come. They have a real South-West focus, incorporating local materials and finishes into designs that are sympathetic with the surrounding architecture and landscape. Every individual plot is checked over by the company directors and only signed off once their extremely high quality standards have been met.
Your new role
You'll be joining the company at any exciting time as the company enters a new phase of controlled and sustainable expansion. With support from an approachable Commercial Manager, your duties will involve the close commercial scrutiny and management of two to three developments, with your duties including:
- pricing and forecasting the material costs
- preparing tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- tracking changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget projections accordingly
- procuring or agreeing the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project
- measuring and valuing work completed on site
- paying subcontractors
- liaising with the colleagues and other construction professionals including site managers, project managers, consultants and suppliers
- regular financial reporting to directors.
What you'll need to succeed
You'll need to be able to demonstrate previous experience working with local or national housing developers, be highly commercially astute and be capable of developing strong, long-term working relationships with all stakeholders on a project, including colleagues, subcontractors, suppliers and local authorities. Ideally, you'll have a tertiary qualification in quantity surveying or construction management and be passionate about the role that the construction industry plays in creating and supporting new local communities.
What you'll get in return
You'll certainly benefit from the freedom to operate and demonstrate your commercial abilities with this organisation, within a framework of support from directors and senior managers. My client believe in paying for quality and is willing to offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package to talented individuals they believe can add value to their business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.