Construction Manager - Main Contractor- London - £75,000 + package
Our client is a top tier contract delivering multimillion residential and mixed use projects across, from mutli phase multi million pound regeneration projects, to Grade I & II listed Hotels. This position will be responsible for managing and overseeing site construction, including engineers and structures.
- Management of site Plant and Labour.
- Ensure all managers/engineers and sub-contractors are working to the latest construction issue information.
- Liaise with the senior engineer on site to ensure that all setting out is done in appropriate time and its accuracy is checked.
- Ensure all the relevant QA is completed by the engineers, as well as any sub-contractors working under you. Report to the PM any items raised with regards to QA and propose remedial actions
- Hold weekly progress meetings with the site team and subcontractors and report to the project manager on progress of works against programme.
- Ensure any temporary works have the necessary design and are installed in accordance with the design.
- Produce 2-week look ahead programmes for managers, operatives and sub-contractors working under you to ensure that the construction programme is achieved.
- Ensure the works are planned out in a logical manner paying attention to materials storage, deliveries, plant, and traffic movements, cranage and any other site logistics.
- Ensure all materials are taken off, ordered, and delivered to site in advance of any works and in line with the construction programme.
You will have:
- NVQ Level 6 in Construction management or equivalent
- CSCS black card
- NHBC Standards
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.