- Department: Property Services
- Location: Woodstock
- Rank/Grade: TVP Broad Band 5K
- Salary: Band 5K Circa £55,750 per annum plus benefits Including market supplement
- Type of Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Thames Valley Police is the largest non-metropolitan force in England and Wales and has a substantial portfolio spread across the three counties of Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Oxfordshire. The force polices a wide variety of locations, including major towns and cities, such as Oxford, Reading and Milton Keynes, as well as extensive rural communities and a number of thriving market towns.
The force has a substantial and diverse property portfolio of some 1.2 million sq. ft. comprising of a variety of property types, including office accommodation, police stations, training facilities, motorway posts, radio masts and aerials, industrial/warehouse accommodation and various specialist facilities.
- The successful candidate will provide a full range of Quantity Surveying services for the Department, including providing advice on technical and contractual matters relating to construction projects. The successful candidate will also provide a full financial and planning role for the projects for smaller revenue funded projects and provide significant oversight and management of larger Capital projects.
- You will be able to demonstrate your ability to manage and deliver accurate cost planning and monitoring service for all capital and revenue projects. Develop cost plans at an early stage in the project development against a background of uncertainty to allow robust project documentation to be developed and considered by internal approval boards.
- The post holder will be responsible for managing and review the project development process to ensure that financial and budgetary issues are fully dealt with and to ensure projects comply with Force Financial regulations. Deliver monthly Capital Monitoring reports in liaison with Corporate Finance in order to ensure the delivery of the programme aligns with approved budgets.
- The post holder will also be expected to carry out the role of a Capital Project Manager for certain projects and act as the project manager and deliver these projects
- Will be able to demonstrate experience of providing specialist advice on a wide range of financial, technical and contractual matters relating to construction projects. This requires extensive experience in all aspects of Quantity Surveying in both private practice and public sector
- You will have extensive experience of performing traditional quantity surveying functions, together with experience of project management and cost monitoring of large projects involving substantial expenditure, requiring complex technical liaison between clients, consultants and contractors.
- Will also be able to demonstrate experience of being the senior Project Manager responsible for the delivery of larger and more complex projects must be able to multi-task effectively and deal with a numerous problems/issues at any point in time. You must be able to fully discharge the responsibility of the role of Contract Administrator and Principal Designer where external consultants are not appointed.
- You will have experience of managing complex technical liaison between clients, consultants and contractors.
- You will be educated to degree level with full membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Quantity Surveying Division).
A full driving licence is considered essential as capability to travel across the Force is required in order to undertake assignments in a timely manner and work flexibly.
The individual appointed will need to be vetted to enhanced level due to the nature of the work they will be expected to undertake. The individual will also be expected to work on sites across Thames Valley Police and deal with some regional work across the South East region.
As part of the Thames Valley Police family you will enjoy a fantastic range of benefits including 22-30 days annual leave per annum pro-rata for part time (plus Bank Holidays), flexible working conditions, a wide range of lifestyle discounts, career development opportunities and have the option to join a local government pension scheme. To view a full list of our benefits, please click the below link.
If you have any queries please contact People Services Recruitment Department at RecruitmentPoliceStaff@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk quoting reference 18290 We will endeavour to respond to your query as quickly as possible.
Please use Google Chrome when completing your application, wherever possible, as this will enhance performance.
The closing date for enquiries and receipt of completed applications is Sunday 17 October 2021.
Police Officers and Police Staff have access to a fantastic range of benefits, dependant on role, location and length of service. To view a full list of our benefits please click the Apply button.
All posts require a level of Police Vetting as per the National Vetting Code of Practice. The residency requirement is necessary to enable all applicants to be checked in an equitable manner. Thames Valley Police will allow applicants to apply who do not necessarily reach the criteria as long as they have proven UK residency and supporting evidence where necessary. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
At Thames Valley Police, we are committed to better reflect the communities that we serve. We encourage applications from our under represented communities including all ethnic or religious backgrounds, LGBTQ+, women and those with disabilities.
Within our organisation we have a number of active staff support networks. We are proud to be a ‘Disability Confident’ Level 2 ‘Employer’ that is supported by RAMP – our dedicated reasonable adjustments process. For more information, please visit our ‘Supporting You’ page on our website, www.tvpcareers.co.uk/supporting-you
We are also proud to have a Positive Action and Engagement team who can provide support and guidance to anyone from a Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic background throughout the Police Officer recruitment process as well as advise on career development and progression. They can be contacted via: firstname.lastname@example.org