Senior Technologist required to work on a flagship public sector project in Scotland.
Your new company
A multidisciplinary consultancy who work on a variety of very unique sectors including Aviation, Rail, Power, Nuclear, Defence, Life Sciences and Custodial. They are a very successful business, who are really out in front when it comes to BIM. They are now looking for a Senior Technologist to join their established Architectural team.
Your new role
- Responsible for generating high quality, accurate and detailed design packages for the Architectural project documentation, working within a multi-disciplinary design team.
- Be responsible for the production of schematic, general arrangement and detailed drawings in accordance with the relevant standards and procedures
- Ensure quality of delivery when producing or updating drawings to internal and/or customer standards.
- Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
- Communicate and collaborate with technicians from other disciplines, other consultants, etc.
- Provide technical mentoring to junior members of the team
- Able to provide excellent service in line with the company philosophy of Perfect Delivery
- Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of their own work and the work of junior staff under their supervision, in accordance with company QA procedures
- Where required, take responsibility for the registering and document control of incoming information and outgoing deliverables.
- Where required, take responsibility for maintaining drawing records, such as check and record file copies
- Develop positive relationships with customers through good professional conduct
- Participate in knowledge sharing across team and locations
- Attend in-house courses and seminars
- Keep up to date with design trends/ design techniques (BIM etc.)
- Interact on project standards coordination with customers
- Excellent team ethic, and ability to work extended hours on occasions when required
- Represent the business in external project technical meetings if required
- Review specialist subcontractors/suppliers production drawings for technical compliance with design intent
What you'll need to succeed
- HND or foundation degree in architectural technology, construction or the built environment.
- Ideally aiming for a CIAT-accredited honours degree in architectural technology
- Eligible to pass criteria for security clearance and airside pass applications.
- Revit experience is essential
- Experience working on highly complex building projects is essential
- Full UK Driving Licence
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.