Client Side MRICS Building Surveyor - Major UK Landlord
Your new company
I am representing a leading independent private sector property company who are the UK's largest supplier of properties to small & medium sized businesses across the UK. This well-established organisation holds a significant amount of property across the UK where there is a continuous flow of project works being conducted across hundreds of the units.
Your new role
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the largest UK based landlords as a Building Surveyor to work within a fast-paced commercial environment in providing relevant technical advice and to deliver Maintenance, Renewal, Re-letting and Minor Capital Investment works.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
* Develop and maintain effective and consistent communication and collaboration between Asset and Property Management colleagues, to maximise commercial portfolio performance and minimise risk.
* Provide timely, clear and professional technical advice relating to asset failure, tenant alterations, party wall, dilapidations, maintenance and re-letting works.
* Assess and advise on maintenance, renewal and enhancement requirements to appropriately inform and populate future programmes of work.
* Undertake multiple asset condition inspections and produce site-specific maintenance, renewal and enhancement proposals.
* Design, procure and directly project manage multiple work schemes, supported by specialists and cost managers as required and keeping stakeholders informed on progress, managing through to completion and hand-back, safely within planned programme and budget parameters.
* Prepare accurate project briefs to appoint and oversee consultant designers and project managers to delivery projects within planned programme and budget parameters.
What you'll need to succeed
* Demonstrable experience in delivering a maintenance and capital improvement works across large diverse commercial portfolio
* Demonstrable experience of working directly with commercial property agents
* Capable of independent and collaborative working to suit workflow
* Understanding of railway safety regime
* Experience in use of NBS or other similar specification packages
Experience of working on heritage buildings
* Assoc / Member RICS / CIOB or equivalent (minimum 3-5 years PQE preferred)
* Thorough knowledge of statutory and industry requirements for building and construction works including the Building Regulations, CDM Regulations and Planning & Consents Processes
* Strong IT skills, specifically Excel & Word, and a working knowledge of MS Project
* Full Driving Licence
What you'll get in return
This is a unique and hugely exciting opportunity to join a growing independent property company who are transforming the face of small to medium sized businesses by providing modern desirable workspace. The role can offer a salary of £65,000 annual salary + corporate company benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.