Contracts Manager or Projects Manager for Construction Permanent job vacancy
Your new company
Working for a successful, and expanding Main Contractor, this new position has been created for a construction Contracts Manager. The company are regional construction specialists working on projects predominately in the education, healthcare, residential and refurbishment sectors with historic building work also undertaken. They work much of the time with clients they have developed over many years and value a collaborative approach with professionals and sub-contractors alike. They are currently involved in several of Sussex most challenging and groundbreaking projects and are looking to welcome an experienced Contracts Manager to join their team. They have offices in Sussex, Surrey, and Kent.
They are currently on target for their planned expansion of the business, and due to the successful tender of several pipeline projects they are now in a position to add to their team and recruit for an experienced Contracts Manager. This role will suit you if you are a manager looking to oversee teams who build interesting and community based buildings. Overseeing site based teams in a company who allows you to run all aspects of your job - whilst providing the backup and support you require.
Your new role
This role will include the following duties based in the office, on site and from home when applicable. Projects typically include primary schools; medical centres; pharmacies; secondary schools and colleges, hospitals, nurseries, listed building refurbishment projects, residential schemes; affordable flats;; care homes; new build student accommodation blocks, warehouse units and commercial builds etc. Typical project vales are £5m - £20m.
Duties will include -
- Attend tender adjudications
- To ensure diligent pre-contract planning is carried out
- Understand and deliver contracts within the agreed contract conditions
- Line management of Site Managers.
- Providing leadership, direction and guidance, ensuring training
- Liaise with materials and sub-contract procurement teams and labour manager to ensure the correct resources are available
- Prepare internal and external progress reports
- Planning of the works in conjunction with the site team
- Direction of resources including both direct and sub-contract labour
- Establish and implement safe and proper working practices
- Interpret and implement company style and ethos
- Set realistic targets and monitor progress against them to ensure projects are completed on time
- Report Progress of projects to the Board
- To recognise and develop business growth opportunities with both existing and new clients
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous Contract Manager experience of at least 5 years
- Construction related qualification - Higher National Certificate, Degree or equivalent
- Drivers Licence
- Professional attitude with a keen drive to make projects successful
- Ability to oversee and mentor junior staff
What you'll get in return
The company are a stable, long standing member of the Sussex construction industry and work on prestigious and interesting projects predominately from £1m - £20m. They are looking for a manager with experience to bring their projects through to completion with a high standard, and a good rapport with the client. In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package (details on application); and the opportunity to work with a forward thinking, challenge driven team as they expand into new areas of construction in the South East. Their management team are professional and friendly, with a strong team ethos.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday (+8 Bank Holiday) + Ability to accrue additional holiday days
- Pension Healthcare package
- Bonus scheme Further details on request
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.