Commercial Assistant - Civils & Telecoms - Negotiable Package
Your new company
With more than 30 years of experience working in the Highways, Civils, Utilities and Telecoms sector, working with established clients throughout the UK in both the Public and Blue Chip private sector. They have established offices across the country
Your new role
As the Commercial Assistant (QS) you will report to the Senior QS within the Commercial function. and be responsible for ensuring the project is completed within its projected budget.
As the Commercial Assistant, you'll be working closely with the rest of the commercial team, providing support to the QS and Senior QS whilst undertaking your own commercial duties on the framework. The role is heavily focused on subcontract management and as such, you'll spend a lot of time working closely with subcontractors and building on your communication, cost management, cash flow and reporting skills.
- Measurement and valuation of works for valuations, variations and final accounts as directed.
- Assist the other commercial team members with the running of the scheme
- Direct interface / liaison with the supply chain
- Assisting with subcontract procurement and management
- Assisting with the identification and management of change control.
- Responsible for keeping both the in house and client early warning and compensation event registers up to date
- Maintain commercial information relevant to the contract.
- Assisting in preparation of pre-cost estimates.
- Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes.
- Preparing detailed, accurate and orderly measurements in accordance with relevant measurement standards and preparing and agreeing accounts using relevant rates.
- Ensuring that payments to sub-contractors are paid on time and in accordance with the subcontract agreement
- Completing regular and timely payment certificates and presenting to line manager for signature.
- Assisting with preparation of external valuations.
- Providing detailed record and valuation of work executed with application of principles of cash maximisation.
- Preparing detailed, accurate and orderly measurements in accordance with relevant measurement standards and preparing accounts using relevant rates.
- Assisting in preparation of pre-cost estimates, analysis of Head Office cost prints and divergences between pre-cost estimates and Head Office cost prints.
- Preparing detailed schedules of periodic costs from site based information. Comparing these with Head Office cost prints and resolving anomalies with Cost Department.
- Reviewing sub-contract liabilities.
What you'll need to succeed
Preferably educated to degree level but not essential
Previous experience in a similar role
What you'll get in return
Hours: 40 hours per week
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.