Project Manager - Construction - Competitive Salary + Package
Your new company
One of the UK's leading 5 star house builders who pride themselves on high quality homes with offices and projects throughout the UK and offering the chance for a great career
Your new role
You will be joining a team that are responsible for identifying and sourcing the best locations for new developments. It's fast moving and, in today's climate, extremely competitive and commercial in its focus. While there is a need to be commercial and competitive in bidding for sought after land, there is also the need to be imaginative in identifying other possibilities - such as land that currently doesn't have planning permission. It's a complex area of our work, and one that's under intense commercial scrutiny and pressure. It's also the life of the business, which makes the team's work even more vital and far-reaching.
Entrepreneurial and imaginative in your thinking, you'll need to be a good assessor of risks, and an even better relationship builder. Reporting to the Development Director or Managing Director to provide project management on major Land projects.
You will be expected to:
- Work closely with the Development Director to ensure that tasks such as management reports and correspondence, management of meetings schedule and email are dealt with efficiently
- Manage Project Teams on multiple high value projects and direct through the planning process to meet company objectives
- Liaise with internal customers and colleagues to ensure smooth flow of information and work between divisions and head office
- Manage project consultant budgets and ensure compliance with the three year plans
- Manage external relationships with Local Authorities and elected members and ensure delivery of key public engagement events
- Attend Project Board Meetings and report on progress and delivery targets
- Ensure Key Project Milestones are met
- Monitor and report using MS project the ongoing targets and achievable deliverables
- Ensure site files and project strategies are accurate and regularly updated
- Undertake community engagements as necessary
- Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures
What you'll need to succeed
Previous experience working in a similar role
What you'll get in return
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Single Cover Private Medical Insurance
- Annual Medical Health Assessment
- 25 days' holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years' continuous service up to 28 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.